Sunday 18 August 2013

Craft #7: Distressed Heart T-shirt DIY (Closet Revamp!)

Hiya chikitas!

So I have really good news! I found something on Pinterest that will hopefully make you guys super happy because....drumroll please.... It's a DIY!!!! And I know I haven't done one in a long time, so I hope you guys like this! By the way, if you have any lingering desires to splurge on back-to-school clothes, you may want to reconsider. Just buy a grey Hanes T-shirt (2$) and a half a meter of colored fabric (approx. 5$) and you're good to go for this DIY!

So, as with some of my other Pinterest tutorials, I think this one is self-explanatory. But if you need further instructions or clarification, just let me know in the comments below.

Variations:

  • Sew a lace trim to the top and bottom hemline for a more feminine approach.
  • Distress the edges of the hems for a rugged look.
  • Change the color of the fabric, or experiment with patterns (i.e. leopard, tiger, polka dots, stripes...) 
  • Have fun with creating your own look for this! 
I'm going to try to post one Closet Revamp each day this week to 'celebrate' the arrival of, yes, that dreaded back-to-school. Or, for those of you who actually feel like ripping your hair out every time you see, hear or pass one of those ads in a store, maybe stay tuned to make this week a lot more enjoyable :)

Have a great end-of-summer!

-Lulu <3


No comments:

Post a Comment