Tuesday 12 March 2013

Bake Me #2 - Smeeps! (+contest)

Hi peeps!

Notice the new greeting-"peeps"! You may think this is an unusually slang way of saying hi, but don't fret, as always there is a method to my madness. In fact, it is precisely what today's DIY is about: S'mores made with Peeps!

I chose this DIY for two reasons. One being that with the Daylight Savings Time on Sunday, I have been a victim of Spring Fever and Easter is right around the corner, and two being that I. LOVE. PEEPS. They are one of my favorite Easter candies (next to Creme eggs, of course) and I'm seriously obsessed with them.

So, without further ado, say hello to a new Pinterest phenomenon: The Smeep!


There are many different ways to make a Smeep, but in the end it is truly a question of personal tastes.

You can roast the Peeps on a fire before putting it on the cracker and chocolate, like so:


Or you can just put it straight on the cracker and chocolate without roasting it. You can even experiment with the type of chocolate you use (Nutella would be a yummy and quick fix for last-minute treats) and the color of Peeps that you use (pink and blue are particularly pretty).

I am thinking of having a little contest. All you have to do to enter is write me a comment on this post with an image of your finished Smeep creation, and the winner will be randomly drawn to win a box of Peeps and a box of Creme eggs! Remember that this contest can only be held if I have more than 5 contestants, so comment now to win the perfect supplies for making Smeeps or just sneaking some refined sugar into your diet ;)...

Happy Smeeping!

Lulu <3

No comments:

Post a Comment